Sunday, December 11, 2011

Advent Thoughts

Testing, testing... is this blog on? I think I've asked that question before, or something thereabouts.  A lot has happened since I last posted anything. I really should try to catch up again. Let's see, I got married in a very romantic, very spiritual and faith filled Catholic Sacrament. It's been a good 10 months tomorrow, but we're on a rocky road right now over some health stuff. I'll make a separate post about it another time. It will be ok and the prognosis and outlook is good.

Our parish is doing quite well in taking to the changes of the new Roman missal. We still stumble as a congregation over a few of the parts and I really think the whole I'm not worthy for you to enter the roof of my mouth is the most awkward of all the changes. I'm not fond of "chalice" replacing "cup" in the Eucharistic Prayer, but in general, the changes really aren't so bad. It's odd to see the priests reading so much of the of the Prayer. They've actually put a small lectern in front of the presider's chair, as our priests are still not completely familiar with all the changes to their parts. They had a lot to familiarize themselves with, didn't they?

I'm still pretty conservative in a lot of ways when it comes to the liturgy. I dislike holding hands during the "Our Father" but will hold hands with others rather than be rude or seem aloof and not do it. I really dislike dancing. Grr... liturgical dance makes me cringe. At least when it's done at our parish, it's done outside of the Mass, but I just don't get it. I understand that dance is joyful and can show praise, but it just seems so out of place in the context of the Mass. I did mention somewhere recently I'm pro-Altar Girl, right? And I really take an issue with who has their feet washed on Holy Thursday, but I won't fight about it either way.

So... that's pretty much it so far. I'm going to try to drop by and post more often in this new year.
 
It's a little late to post this, as it is Gaudete Sunday, but it is one of the O'Antiphons, which are appropriate for the season.  Anyway, Happy Advent all.


No comments: