Monday, February 23, 2009

You Give Me Something

Allergies are kicking my butt and I'm procrastinating getting to the 'rents house. As today is my day off, I told my dad I'd go deal with the bills and finances for the rest of the month but I'm still here at home.

Actually I'm reading a scene I wrote about my character Andrew-- in the scene he's 16 and complaining about a lot of stuff 16-year-old boys complain about. So he meets a popular girl-- and I read over the line:
She danced on our school’s drill team and performed atour football and basketball games.

Seeing that, which I wrote a long time ago, I immediately thought to myself that I created a future liturgical dancer. Yeah, I'm bad. I know it. I have 8 more pages to read then I'm going to work.

In other news, I'm not really inspired much to do any blogging these days. Perhaps that is why I'm interjecting more tidbits about the mundane parts of my life and some writing bits. I received a strange email yesterday to my gmail account, actually the one associated with this blog and my facebook account. It was a letter criticizing Sr. Helen Prejean, her work and her books. I didn't toss it as spam because of the subject heading: Sr. Helen and the Death Penalty. I've never talked about her in the blog before, at least I don't think so, so it seemed odd to come from a bot or someone reading the blog. I think because I joined her facebook group recently, I may have been mass emailed. Still, it was a bit weird.

No comments: