Sunday, July 5, 2009

Call Me Amused!



Ok I need some humor. I was doing my nightly blog-surfing and found myself amused watching this horribly Anti-Catholic video at You Tube because Carolina Cannonball, authoress of the blog The Crescat, posted it. Apparently her home altar was the first image featured in the video, as it talks about how Catholics worship idols. I don't have a home altar, but I do have various retablos of the Saints scattered around my house, a couple of them have been blessed. Anyway, as I'm passively watching, I spot this image in the video. It's an old Spanish Crucifix that is in the chapel of La Conquistadora in the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi in Santa Fe.

Growing up in Santa Fe, I never really experienced or witnessed anything that I would call Anti-Catholic. This is a historically Catholic city, but now as an adult, I've encountered it, but not on the grand scale as in other communities in the country.

I think the first time I ever saw a Chick Tract was a couple of years ago and that was online. I had never heard of Jack Chick before in my life. Hard to believe he's been in the anti-Catholic business all these years and I'd never heard of him.

I think I'll go back and finish my reflections on the recent Novena to Our Lady and post more pictures of a statue all dressed up pretty now.

No comments: