Thursday, April 2, 2009


So, I stumbled upon this audio clip of Fr. James Martin, responding to questions about The Da Vinci code. It's an older clip, I guess he was interviewed just before the movie came out. As I said on the LJ, I've never heard him sound snarky before. I loved it. And sadly, he's right about how people have embraced the insanity of the notion that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married but not real church history about the era.

Ugh, when does "Angel and Demons" come out so I can go see something else that night? Surely, there will be some empty seats in other movies. Maybe the Hannah Montana movie will still be playing. I noticed it's coming out and I will take my little sister to see it when it does.

In other news, we're approaching Holy Week. It's going to be cold and windy on Saturday, so I've decided not to make the pilgrimage. I'll see if the parents want to go to Mass at the chapel though. I'm planning on doing the Stations of the Cross tomorrow and spend some time in Adoration afterward.

I took more pictures for my Crucifix series. I think I'm going to try to visit other churches in town during Holy Week to finish my project. Mom says growing up they'd visit churches either on Holy Thursday or Good Friday. I think it was Good Friday, so I guess in some way, that's what I'll be doing.

No comments: