Monday, September 22, 2008

The Mass: Reverence and Beauty

This post by Matthew at the Shine of the Holy Whapping is one of the most beautiful things I've read in a very, long time about the Mass. He served at a Solemn High Mass on the first year anniversary of the Summorum Pontificium, (an explanatory letter here) at his parish.

I have attended a low Mass and it was a lovely experience there was a quiet and a peace to it that you don't find in the Ordinary Form, but I've yet to attend a Solemn High Mass or the Ordinary Form celebrated in Latin. Maybe one day. I suppose it would be a special event here, although we have three parishes in the archdiocese that exclusively celebrate the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, and I know the Archbishop has celebrated it at the Cathedral Basilica, so hopefully there will be an opportunity one day. Still, after reading accounts like this and watching it celebrated on TV, I am more anxious to attend a Solemn High Mass.



No comments: