Sunday, April 13, 2008

And the Priest is on the Phone...

Title inspired by "Slide" by the Goo Goo Dolls. Lately, I'm listening to them and Lenny Kravitz. I also have a lovely CD my cousin brought me when she stayed here for Easter. It's Molly Johnson, who is the sister of Homicide actor, Clark Johnson. She has a lovely voice and I should probably listen to it more as I do like jazz. Inevitably, I listen to the GGDs a lot when I'm writing.

I heard a John Mayer song at a funeral last week and I don't know if it's a new song or an older one, but now I'm looking for it. I'm also listening to Corrine Bailey Rae. I was in a really bummed out mood last week-- I hate PMS-- but I heard one of her songs and it brightened my mood.

I had a nice weekend, which was good because I had some parent stuff that was really hard to deal with earlier in the week. I'm trying to stay patient. While it's hard for me, I'm sure it's even more difficult for my dad right now. I worry and I don't quite know how to handle aging parents. I'm trying to contain my composure, be helpful and learn how to keep my mouth shut. I really do need to learn patience. It's something I pray for all the time. Though, I'm still struggling with prayer. When I went to confession before Easter, it was the first time I've gone since I made my First Holy Communion, which was a long time ago, nonetheless, my penance while it sounded easy enough, it was difficult because I have a hard time praying.

I'm not sure if it's something that comes easy to some people, or if some people really struggle with it. I just don't have a clue. I'm still trying to work on it. I bought a Catholic Prayer Book today, along with a couple other novels that I DIDN'T NEED TO BUY. There was one that tempted me, I didn't remember the author's name, but didn't buy it. Updated: I ended up buying it later in the summer and well, it disappointed me. I talked a bit about it here.

No comments: