Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

So I'm antsy... it's raining, which I love but I'm really pissed about my domain hosting being down. There is no one who can fix it NOW well, earlier in the day, and it just frustrates me when I can't have things my way immediately. I'm such the only child. At least I got gmail set up running through outlook and quite frankly, I may keep it as my main email address for all my lists, etc.

I guess, I need to remember to pray for patience. It's 10:00 and I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight, especially if it keeps thundering. My old dog, you'd never believe he's 14, is acting like a young pup right now, barking at the thunder. I'm also hoping to get paid tomorrow and am contemplating some big things in the next few weeks.

I'm also starting a family-tree blog, not that's exciting news to any of you. Yesterday, I went grave hunting. I wanted to know the date of my grandmother's death and had to traipse through the national cemetery looking for it. My grandfather served during World War I-- every time I see "Legends of the Fall", where Henry Thomas' character was fighting in France (I think he was in France) I think of my grandpa. He served over there. He never told my mom or any of his other kids about the war. Someone said he saw horrible things and never wanted to talk about it. So, I had to find his grave so I could find hers. Anyway, she died 15 years ago next month, and he died three months later-- he was a healthy 94-year-old-- he didn't want to leave without her. :-(

So I found that and then I found the grave of my Great Grandfather. We're trying to figure out a bit more about him. He had two wives. His second was my grandmother's mother but I only know her name. He was born in 1857. I have a cabinet he made-- so it's over 100 years old. There's lots of history out there for me to discover. Anyway, it is fun looking at those old photographs.

Ah man... the storm is coming. Gotta shut down.

No comments: