Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's not even 9:30

So... my day so far:

Woke up dreaming about the Bounced Czech. He was lost somewhere. Tell me something I don't already know, subconscious?

Backache from hell.

Mom and Dad are driving me crazy. I wish I could make it all better for them. Quite frankly, I don't know what to do. They're 80. Mom's active and healthy, Dad's slowing down even more and while I know he's frustrated and miserable, he likes to make the rest of us miserable. I helped him with the bills. I know I need to start taking care of them. I want to do them MY way: online banking, automatic payments, but Dad is wary of that. He likes paying them by check and mailing them. I don't. I pay online. Usually because I pay mine when they're due. I don't have the overflowing checking account they do. Darn real estate market anyway.

Also, I think they need to get rid of the poodle doodle. All Dad does is complain about him. He's a good dog, he's young and active. Again, I need to really make an effort to pick up the dog and walk him. I need to get in the habit of walking myself in the morning and there's nothing like guilt to get you going. I like that dog, but don't want it. Barkley and Estrella will kill me if he came to live with us.

Today, I have a closing, yay, a small pay check, and it's spoken for. I'm doing an open house on Sunday because the company is having an Open House Slam, with all our listings open. I wish I had something else to do besides real estate. Man... I gotta get my you know what together and get back into journalism. Or finish a story and sell it. Yeah... I think the former will happen before the latter.

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. A dear friend's uncle died last week and I should go to be there for her.

Also waiting for an email response... not thinking I'll get a response. (Left intentionally cryptic.)

No comments: