Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dios Te Salve Maria






With the end of the Novena, a profound sadness over came me. I can't really describe why I felt the way I did but I did. So, to pick up where things left off on Sunday. As the Sunday before, there was a procession late in the afternoon. I was able to get a few pictures of La Conquistadora while she awaited the procession back to the Cathedral.














Two Members of the Confradia de La Conquistadora stand guard and protect her, while we all have one last opportunity to see her close up before she is returned to her chapel in the Cathedral Basilica, where she's kept from harm.












As a participant in the procession back, I must admit I did not take any photos. I think next year, I'll take pictures as the procession begins and then catch up with my parish to walk solemnly on the journey to and from. I will definitely continue to participate in this novena and both processions.













The parishes start arriving. The journey is about a mile and a half.

Following the arrival of La Conquistadora, the Eight Mass was celebrated with the archbishop as the celebrant.

















Her arrival was bittersweet because the last two Masses are held at the Cathedral, and while Mass at the Cathedral is beautiful, it just doesn't feel the same as it does in the little Rosario Chapel. It also means that the Novena is nearing its end and we won't come together for another year to celebrate this annual tradition. However, it's the beginning of the the summer and will culminate at the end of Fiestas with the candlelight procession to the Cross of the Martyrs.

No comments: