Sunday, November 2, 2008

An onto something else...

From the CNN website Anne Rice Finds Jesus. She's moving onto writing her memoirs and Christian Literature. I haven't read anything of hers since the last novels in the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches stories (before she merged them). I've read stories previously about her return to the Catholic Church, why she left and why she felt compelled to come back. That's the wonderful thing about the Church, anyone can come home, Catholic or non-Catholic.

I haven't heard good reviews about her latest two books, novelized accounts of Jesus' early life. Maybe I'm one of those who like the mystery of Jesus' life and don't really want to read someone's subjective retelling of his life. It's like Bible Fanfiction. It exists but I don't want to read it.

The other most read news stories there are either quite depressing or amusing. I hate turning on the TV these days. It's all election news, nasty, sleazy campaign ads and bad punditry.

I'm dragging. I always drag after the time change. I have two hours to get ready for Mass. Knowing this, I will probably be late. When I have time to putz around the house I always do and I'm always late. At least I already ate. I haven't been making the hour-fast the last few Sunday's. Also, I need to fill in my sheet of paper with those who have died to honor them and them to add to the Book of Life at the parish. This week, I also need to pay for a Anniversary Mass for my grandpa. It will be 15 years on Friday since his death. He died about three months to the day after my grandma died. So, my mind is on him today. Though, I have been thinking about all the ones I loved or cared about who have died. I am looking forward to Mass today. All Soul's Day rarely falls on Sunday and I don't think I've ever been to Mass where it's been celebrated.

Ok... here I go. Otherwise I'll go back to bed and sleep through Mass, which starts at 11:30. It's amazing how I can be late to Mass.

No comments: