Wednesday, January 28, 2009

At A Place Called Vertigo

25 random things about me meme…

It’s going everywhere. Odd that I haven’t seen it on LJ yet. Got tagged on Facebook, I’ve seen it on blogs I read here, so here’s my version. I'm not going to tag people because most everyone on my friend's list here has already done it, and if not, just do it, if you feel like it.

  1. I was very lucky that my mom didn’t miscarry me. She had surgery when she was three months pregnant and they weren’t sure if she’d carry me to term. She also believed I was a boy.
  2. I was confirmed when I was between a year or two years old.
  3. I hated the book Death Comes for the Archbishop, but I haven’t read it since I was 16 and I didn’t finish it all back then.
  4. I despise fresh tomatoes.
  5. I don’t feel like a very good Catholic most days.
  6. I often feel afraid of success and I think I often try avoid trying new things out of fear.
  7. I’m fearful of dating again because I got hurt so badly the last time I was dating someone.
  8. I have loved U2 since the 80s.
  9. All the characters in my stories have siblings. I think this is because I am an only child and when I was young, I made up an imaginary family—instead of just an imaginary friend. I think that became the basis for my story telling.
  10. I made all my sacraments at the Cathedral parish but don’t like going there anymore except for special Masses or events.
  11. Most of my adult best friends, I met online first. Some I still have to meet after how many years or months in the case of new friends.
  12. I know a lot about many things, but mostly enough to get myself in trouble.
  13. I love the smell of coffee, I love chocolate covered coffee beans, I adore coffee ice cream, I dunk my biscochitos in coffee but won’t drink the stuff.
  14. I’ve lived in the same house for almost half my life.
  15. I may be a practicing Catholic, but I don’t have a crucifix hanging anywhere in my house. I actually don’t even have one.
  16. I make a killer homemade cheesecake.
  17. I have asthma.
  18. I have a crappy stomach, that gets upset at any bad thought.
  19. I cannot live without music, but I can’t carry a tune.
  20. I like teaching 3rd grade Catechism more than I thought I would.
  21. I hate wearing shoes and socks but you should see my collection of both.
  22. My ancestors were probably Sephardic Jews
  23. Good or bad, Kit Carson married into my maternal grandmother’s family.
  24. I haven’t been out of the country before. (Juarez doesn’t count.)
  25. I’ve only been in love twice in my life.
  26. Bonus: I was in a sorority in college, Zeta Tau Alpha.
  27. Double Bonus: Flying things (birds, moths, squirrels that fly etc) scare me. yet I love dragonflies.

2 comments:

Garpu said...

I don't have a crucifix, either. I do, however, have a laminated 11x17 poster of Our Lady of Guadalupe. :)

Maria said...

Whew. Glad I'm not the only one. I guess if I could find the perfect crucifix I might buy one and hang in the house, but let's say I'm still looking.

I finally got an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe one year at Spanish Market (a yearly event when NM artists sell their best pieces. Most often always religious arts-- NM style Icons) and I have a few of those.

If I could capture them right, I'd post pictures one day.