Monday, January 5, 2009

Half Way There

Tonight I had a happy moment following my Catechism class. My students make their first confessions in four weeks and I think they are ready. We have one more sacramental class before that night but I feel like we've achieved something already. It amazes me how bright they are. They are getting the concept of sin-- mortal and venial. Most of them know their prayers. They have trouble with the Hail Mary, but they all know the Our Father, most know the Glory Be and they all pretty much know their prayer of sorrow. It's the one I don't know. I wish they could learn the Act of Contrition but apparently, it's too difficult to learn. Grr. I like it better.

It's truly a wonderful journey that I am making with these children. I'm blessed that I'm doing this with them. I want to grow in my spirituality and my faith and by leading them on this journey, I am doing that. There is still so much that I want to learn and so much I know I can teach the children, but I am now at a point where I know that I finally believe that I can do this. It's taken me awhile to gain the confidence in myself but it is a big responsibility and I just want to do right by them. And I hope that I am blessed to be able to do this for years to come.

Right now my words and thoughts are a bit jumbled but I wanted to post a little something about how I was feeling tonight after my class. I'll probably come back and revise and add to this post later. Meanwhile, I have a lot to prepare for Saturday's class, so we'll see how I feel after that class.

No comments: