Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things That Go Bump...

In the wee hours of the night, the darnedest things happen and phone calls before 7 am are never a good thing. My dad's in the hospital, he's got a fever of 102, is confused as hell and all the tests are negative. The doctors are stumped. They suspect some kind of infection and are doing an Spinal Tap or Lumbar Puncture to rule out spinal meningitis. He can't speak clearly, he is really out of it and hopefully later we'll know something.

Mom and I are at an internet cafe and a bit shell shocked. I'll post more. Prayers would be great if that's your thing,

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm sorry to hear this news Maria. I'll keep your dad an all of you in my prayers.

Maria said...

Thanks Jeff,

I appreciate it. I haven't posted an update to the blog, but he's doing much better. The fever broke and he's clear headed and alert. The doctors don't know what caused it but perhaps fever from a viral infection or respiratory illness might be the cause because all the tests came back clean. I'll know more again later when I go back to the hospital. He's had fluids, antibiotics and oxygen steadily through the night and day and seems a lot better today. He was eating and very grouchy, so that's a good sign.

It's just oh, so tiring.