Sunday, October 26, 2008

Little Pleasures

As I was coming out of Mass this morning, I checked my cell phone for messages and missed calls as I always do. It's not like anyone calls me much these days. I certainly am not getting any sign calls on any of my listings, but I had a call from my Little Sister, just wanting to say hi. I thought it was really sweet that she wanted to call and talk to me. It made me feel good. It's nice to know a seven-year-old likes spending time with me. Not being a parent, nor having nieces or nephews, it's one of those things I worry about, but I'm not worried anymore. I really hope that we have a long-term relationship. I'd really love to be a part of her life as she grows. I am a bit bummed that she's not Catholic though. I'd love to watch her go through those milestones.

Well, I still hope and pray that I have my own child one day.

No comments: